Tuesday 17 June 2014

Up to day 12 nightshades



Things have been going well until today.  No feelings of super energy or wellness but
steady improvement and no cravings. I'm cutting back my 90% cocoa intake as
I realize it's just mimicking old bad habits. 


I'm starting to wonder if perhaps I have a nightshade allergy. I haven't
been eating many tomatoes over the last few weeks but ate them on Saturday
and noticed that my left elbow and knees hurt on Sunday. I didn't make the
link and ate them again on Sunday and have felt terrible today being Monday.
My knees and left elbow hurt, my fingers feel swollen, I am horribly "backed
up" and have absolutely no energy at all. In fact I felt so bad earlier in
the morning that I thought I may have to go home sick. I forced myself to go
for a walk outside and drink some extra water instead which made me improve
somewhat.


I wanted to work out after work but only managed the energy to lay on my bed and watch tv which is pretty unusual for me. 

Damnit! This will upset me greatly if I am in fact allergic I love tomatoes.
Thinking back though the last time my joints swelled like this was just
after I'd eaten bolognaise I had thought it was due to the fact that I'd let
myself get severely dehydrated on a hike the day before.  


I've been watching my colleagues today eating bags of chips, cakes and
noodles for lunch and all looking so energetic and happy while I'm
here doing all the right things and feeling like I can barely get out of my chair. 


Friday and Saturday I felt really great, Sunday I woke up feeling as though I'd been drinking and today I feel worse then any other day. I ate the tomatoes Saturday night so I guess they could be the culprit. Heigh ho :(





No comments:

Post a Comment