Tuesday 10 June 2014

Day 6

This morning I did something I shouldn't have in my priority of health over weight control... I weighed myself.

Silly thing to do as those of you reading with EDs know how the scale can drive you to starve, leading to binge, leading to purge, leading to scale and the cycle goes on. So I reminded myself before stepping on that I've been eating allot more food in a consistent manner and had just had a big breakfast, two big glasses of water and a big mug of coffee so to factor that in when my heart plummets looking at the increase on the scale. (TMI but I haven't been to the bathroom for a couple of days too)

152 pounds (69 kilos). I've lost weight.

Now I get that water retention will play a huge part in this but even my body releasing this fluid is a great thing! I also know that the scale is going to go up and down for a bit especially while I'm in this phase of avoiding hunger to reset my body but I am so happy!!

It took me much longer to drop to this weight replacing 2 meals a day with crappy meal replacements, I was starving and unhappy all the time and subsequently binged.

I shouldn't have weighed myself but I am glad I did, it's reinforced this new pursuit of health for me :)


No comments:

Post a Comment