Friday 13 June 2014

Day 8 Ive made it a whole week :)


So today I feel good!
I’d be surprised if anyone is still reading; I sound like the mother of sorrows on my previous entries and am sure that this will be an emotional rollercoaster of a journey but for today at least I am on a peak :)


I’ve made it a full week with no grains, dairy, sugars apart from fruits and vegetables (beside my  palio treat a week) processed food and legumes more importantly no binging!!!!!


My mind is clear and my energy levels are high it’s actually a weird feeling as it's centred in my core which is hard to explain. My stomach has settled down too I’m back to being regular with no bloating or discomfort.


The weird thing about my energy is that I feel like I'm humming along with no tiredness or energy slumps except for exercise! I went for a six mile (10 kilometres) run today  along a mountain trail and my legs turned traitorous becoming lead or jelly depending on the most inconvenient time for the terrain. It's a tough trail some parts are too steep to run and need to be taken more at a climb or scramble but I can usually manage pretty well. I tried to relax into it and enjoy the solitude of the mountain and focus on the sounds of the birds and my feet hitting the dirt which didn't really help! I know this is normal for people when they first go paleo as the body adapts from easy sugars to fats for fuel and may take a couple of weeks to adapt properly. I'm hoping I can speed it up by exercise. 

My mood is great! No cravings today either and I’m even starting to like black coffee! I’ve tempered my cravings a bit by adding a snack to my days at the moment consisting of 2 squares of Lindt 90% Cacao Chocolate (no dairy, soy or grains! Only very minimal sugar less then 2 grams so around as much sugar as is in a lemon and less then say an apple which has 15 grams) and a 100 cal packet of walnuts; it’s helping me to mentally stay on track and the lack of sweetness does not trigger me. The only weird thing is that I am still constantly thirsty. 

So today I'm doing well, tomorrow might be different but all I can do is tack each day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment